Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Fraternal Agent's - October Report

Field Agent's Report

Brother Knights,
November 1st will mark the 8th Anniversary of my career as a Field Agent and I thank the Good Lord for the opportunity to serve you and your families. It also marks the beginning of the 3rd stage of my life, in Spain they call it Jubilation which sounds so much better than retirement.
I also thank all of you and your families for the warm welcome and kind hospitality that you have always extended. It has been a joy to share time with you on life's journey. There have been many memorable moments, one happened just last evening. I visited a active duty USMC Brother Knight , his lovely wife and two young daughters ages five and nine. The younger one was happy to hear that the Queen who sponsored Columbus' voyage had the same name she has, Isabella.
Then as we sat at the kitchen table, I was in awe as the nine year old started asking me questions about the Faith. Now realize here I am in my late 60s talking to a nine year old sharing Biblical history, consequences of Vatican II, changes in the Liturgy and her eyes are focused on me and she is really engaged. Her ability to absorb the information was remarkable. It made me think of the Jewish elders who were transfixed when the 12 year old Jesus was teaching them about the Scriptures in the Temple.
It is young families like this one that give me great hope for the future of our Faith and the promise of vocations.
Bonnie joins me in thanking you for all the joys you have shared with us and some sorrows along the way. We ask the Good Lord that He continue to watch over and protect you all as we are certain that He will.

No comments: